– CLIENT COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
KWW Solicitors is committed to providing a high-quality service.
When things go wrong, as they can sometimes, we want and need to know.
So, if you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your issue.
The steps are as follows:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of receiving it
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing it to David Anstee, our Managing Partner, who will review your matter file and speak to the person who acted for you
- You will then be invited to a meeting to discuss – and hopefully resolve – your complaint. This will be within 10 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter
- Within five working days of the meeting, David Anstee will write to you to confirm the details of what took place and any solutions agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, David will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for our Partner Salv Sole to review the decision. He will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons
- If you are still not satisfied, with some exceptions, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of the act or omission that has prompted your complaint occurring (or you become aware of it).
Legal Ombudsman Contact
The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at:
PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
Tel: 0300 555 0333.